In accordance with the provisions of the Population Register Law a person shall provide the following information to the Office of Citizenship and Migration Affairs for updating in the Population Register:
- about the address of the place of residence abroad;
- about changes in the information included in the Population Register, which were made by foreign authorities;
- about the identity code allocated abroad ;
- about acquisition of the citizenship of another country;
- about a prohibition or permit to use his/her body, tissues and organs after death.
A person may electronically make sure on what information on him/her has been included in the Population Register.
If a person establishes any error in the information included in the Population Register on him/her, his/her children, being under the age of 18 years, and persons, being under his/her guardianship or custody, he/she shall be entitled to request to correct the mistake.
Also the legal representative of a child has the same rights, if the child stays in the child care institution or foster family, and on the persons with limited legal capacity.
In such cases a person shall turn to the Office of Citizenship and Migration Affairs with a submission, enclosed with a document, specifying the correct information.