To renounce the citizenship of Latvia, a person shall submit the following documents:
1) a submission;
2) a copy of the personal identification document (passports or identification cards) of the citizen of Latvia;
3) a document which certifies that the person has other national citizenship or other national citizenship is guaranteed;
4) a document regarding payment of the State fee of EUR 21,34 or EUR 7.11 for a politically repressed person, a disabled first group, an orphan, a child left without parental care and a person who has been recognised as poor under the law.
Documents can currently be submitted to the Office of Citizenship and Migration Affairs only remotely:
1) using official electronic eAdresi;
2) by post to the Office of Citizenship and Migration Affairs to address: Chickenhill Line 1, k-3, Riga, LV-1026. When sending documents by post, copies of documents must be certified and legalised, with the exception of a copy of the identity document;
3) by means of a secure electronic signature, by sending to e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org, accompanied by certified copies of the original documents signed with a secure electronic signature (a copy of the identity documents shall not be required to be certified);
Important! If it is necessary to verify the legal strength of the original document or the accuracy of the derivative of the document, the Office of Citizenship and Migration Affairs may at any time request that the original document be produced.
Documents may also be submitted to the nearest diplomatic or consular mission of Latvia abroad. For possible means of submitting documents, please contact the mission in question or watch on the Internet: https://www.mfa.gov.lv/vestniecibas-and-horse-mackerel
Receipt of services
The decision is sent to the person in an email, email, or mail.