DOCUMENTARY EVIDENCE TO BE PRESENT TO OBTAIN A VISA FOR CERTAIN CATEGORIES OF PERSONS (AS STIPULATED BY THE AGREEMENT)
- members of official delegations who, following an official invitation addressed to the Russian Federation, shall participate in meetings, consultations, negotiations or exchange programmes, as well as in events held in the territory of Latvia by intergovernmental organisations
- Required documents: a letter issued by a competent authority of Latvia, which confirms that the visa applicant is a member of the delegation entering the territory of Latvia to participate in the above-mentioned events, with a copy of the official invitation enclosed;
- business people and representatives of business organisations (persons who enter Latvia due commercial activity/a commercial trip, a business trip)
- Required documents: a written invitation from a host legal person or company, organisation, office or their branches, state or local authorities of Latvia or organising committees of trade and industrial exhibitions, conferences and symposiums held in the territory of Latvia;
- Drivers conducting international cargo and passenger transportation services between the territories of the Russian Federation and the Member States in vehicles registered in a Member State or the Russian Federation
- Required documents: a written request from the National Association of International Carriers of Latvia stating the purpose, duration and frequency of the trips;
- members of international train, refrigerator and locomotive crews travelling between the territories of the Member States and the Russian Federation
- Required documents: a written request from the competent railway company of Latvia stating the purpose, duration and frequency of the trips;
- Required documents: a certificate or another document issued by a professional organisation to prove that the person concerned is a qualified journalist and a document from the employer stating that the purpose of the trip is journalistic work;
- participants in scientific, cultural and artistic activities, including university and other exchange programmes
- Required documents: a written request from the host organisation to participate in those activities;
- pupils, students, postgraduate students and accompanying teachers travelling to study or receive educational training, including in the framework of exchange programmes and other school related activities
- Required documents: a written request or a certificate of enrolment from the host university, academy, institute, collage or school or a school or student card, or a certificate of the courses to be attended;
- participants of international sports events and persons accompanying them in professional capacity
- Required documents: a written request from the host organisation: the competent authority, the Latvian Sports Federation or the Latvian National Olympic Committee;
- participants of official exchange programmes organised by twin cities
- Required documents: a written request from the head of administration/mayor of the respective city;
- close relatives: spouse, children (including adopted), parents (including custodians), grandparents and grandchildren visiting citizens of the Russian Federation legally residing in the territory of Latvia
- Required documents: a written request from the host person;
- persons visiting military and civil burial grounds (the visa applicant may have other than family relationship to the buried, for instance, when a person visits the grave of his/her mother’s husband; a soldier visits the grave of his/her companion-in-arms. According to the Joint Statement of the Agreement such visas are issued for the time period up to 14 days. According to the Agreement these visa applicants are not exempted from the fee for processing a visa application)
- Required documents: an official document confirming the existence of the grave and family or other relationship between the applicant and the buried;
!!! For the above-mentioned categories of citizens of the Russian Federation short-stay visas and transit visas are issued according to a simplified procedure requesting no other evidence concerning the purpose of the journey, for instance, an invitation approved by the Office of Citizenship and Migration Affairs or another approval.
The written request shall contain the following items:
- For the invited person: name, surname, date of birth, sex, citizenship, number of the identity document, time and purpose of journey, number of entries, and name of minor children accompanying the invited person;
- For the inviting person: name, surname, identity number, address; or
- If the inviting person is a legal person, company or organisation: full name and address, and
- If the request is issued by an organisation: the name and position of the person who signs the request;
- If the inviting person is a legal person, a company, an office or their branchestablished in the territory of a Member States/Latvia: the registration number as required by the legislation of Latvia.
!!! In individual doubtful cases the person can be called for an interview and additional documents can be requested.
!!! If the inviting person and the visa applicant consider that the processing of an invitation in the Office of Citizenship and Migration Affairs is a simpler procedure of obtaining a visa they cannot be denied to do so.