The person, who permanently lives in Latvia and in accordance with the wording of Section 2, Paragraph 1.3 , being in force from 10 November 1998 to 1 October 2013 has commenced the acquisition of the principal education or general secondary education in Latvian, retain the right to register as a citizen of Latvia two years after acquisition of the full programme of the principal education, general secondary education or vocational secondary education in Latvian.
- submission form
- personal identification document (passport, identity card) (when sending the documents via mail ONLY a COPY of the personal identification document should be sent);
- certificate or diploma on the acquisition of the principal education or general secondary education;
- extract of school results;
- a statement issued by the educational institution or archive regarding acquisition of the full educational course of the principal school or general secondary education in Latvian.
Where can you submit the documents?
Documents are currently to be submitted remotely:
1. by sending by post to the Office of Citizenship and Migration Affairs to the address: Čiekurkalna 1.līnija 1, k-3, Rīga, LV-1026 or to any territorial branch of the OCMA;
When sending documents by post, copies of documents must be certified, except for a copy of an identity document.
If the original documents are sent by post, they will be returned to the address indicated together with the decision taken;
2. with a secure electronic signature, sending to the e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or to the e-mail of any OCMA territorial branch, enclosing an application signed with a secure electronic signature, as well as certified copies of the original documents signed with a secure electronic signature, except a copy of personal identification documents;
3. using the official electronic e-address, enclosing certified copies of the original documents signed with a secure electronic signature.
If the documents are sent electronically, signed with a secure electronic signature, the document must be certified "copy correct", with an indication to that effect, and a copy of the document must be signed with a secure electronic signature.
Important! If it is necessary to verify the legal validity of the original document or the correctness of a derivative of the document, the Office of Citizenship and Migration Affairs may at any time request that the original document be presented.
If a person is a citizen of any other country, then during the process of acquisition of the citizenship of Latvia the documents should be submitted regarding renunciation of citizenship of the relevant country.
In what time period the submitted documents are examined?
The decision shall be made within a time period of one month from the day of receipt of all necessary documents by the Office of Citizenship and Migration Affairs.
Where the additional information can be received?
In case of any questions and uncertainties, you may obtain information by writing to the e-mail: email@example.com or calling during working days to the phone +371 67209400.