When drawing up an invitation to a foreigner who is intended to be employed in the Republic of Latvia, the employer:
- presents a personal identification document and accordingly prepared power of attorney;
- submits an application;
In addition, the following must be indicated:
- if an intra-corporate transferee is invited, information must be provided confirming that the legal person inviting the foreigner and the company employing the foreigner belong to the same group of companies and a confirmation that the foreigner has been continuously employed by a company that employs a foreigner abroad or by a group of companies to which the company belongs for at least six months prior to the request;
- if the foreigner who wishes to receive the EU Blue Card is invited and will be employed in a profession belonging to the first or second basic group referred to in the national statistical classification "Classification of Professions", but he/she has not obtained higher education in a study program or job offer has at least three years in the profession or sector, but has at least five years of professional experience in this profession or sector, - a certificate of professional experience in the profession and sector in which he will be employed in the Republic of Latvia, indicating the employer's name, registration number, legal address, the period of relationship with the particular employer, foreigner's position or specialty and the main job responsibilities. If the foreigner has had an employment relationship with several employers, provide information on each of them.
- if the profession of the foreigner is regulated, a copy of the certificate on recognition of the qualification or similar document shall be submitted, certifying the compliance of the professional qualification with the requirements determined in the Republic of Latvia. If the profession of the foreigner is not regulated, a legalized copy of the education document or a document certifying experience of three years in the profession, where the employer plans to employ the foreigner, shall be submitted;
The abovementioned qualification documents shall not be submitted when confirming the invitation:
- for the foreigner who has already acquired the right to employment in the Republic of Latvia, if the field of employment does not change;
- to register a residence permit;
- for the member of the board or the council, procurator, administrator, liquidator or member of the partnership, being entitled to represent the partnership, or the person, being authorized to represent the merchant (foreign merchant) in activities related with the branch, registered in the Commercial Register;
- for the learner or student of an educational institution who arrives in the Republic of Latvia for the study practice or traineeship in a commercial company registered in the Commercial Register and submits a document certifying the fact of learning or studies;
- for the foreigner who applies for the EU Blue Card if he/she will not be employed in a regulated profession and the employer submits a document certifying the foreigner's five years of professional experience;
- for the foreigner who is invited by a gold or silver participant of the in-depth cooperation and who will not be employed in a regulated profession or does not require a European Union Blue Card;
- for the foreigner who is invited to work in a profession that belongs to the ninth basic group of the Classification of Professions.
- if the work of the foreigner in the Republic of Latvia is planned in accordance with the employment contract or work-performance contract, a copy of the employment contract or its draft or a copy of the work-performance contract or its draft shall be submitted; (The referred to documents shall also be submitted in the case that the invitation is issued for requesting a repeated residence permit or for registration of a residence permit);
- if it is intended to employ the natural person on the basis of the work-performance contract, the document approved by the Latvian or foreign tax administration shall be submitted certifying that the natural person has registered as a taxpayer and paid taxes, fees and other mandatory payments to the budget or the respective payment deadlines have been extended (postponed, distributed) in accordance with the procedures specified in the regulatory enactments that regulate the field of taxation and the person makes payments in accordance with the decision of the tax administration (payment schedule), unless the execution of the decision of the tax administration is suspended for the pre-trial review period. The abovementioned document shall not be submitted by a participant of gold or silver level of the in-depth cooperation program;
- when inviting an intra-corporate transferee, a letter from a foreign company shall be submitted containing the following information:
- information on the duration of the transfer;
- the confirmation that the foreigner will hold the position of manager, specialist or employee trainee;
- information on the remuneration that the foreigner will receive while staying in the Republic of Latvia, as well as on other employment conditions;
- the confirmation that after the stay in the Republic of Latvia, the foreigner will be provided with employment in a company that sends the foreigner to work in the Republic of Latvia.
- if the employer plans to employ the foreigner in work, the performance of which requires a permit (licence), a copy of the permit (licence) shall be submitted. The abovementioned document shall not be submitted by a participant of gold or silver level of the in-depth cooperation program;
- if the invitation application is submitted by the labor supply service provider, in addition to the documents referred to in this paragraph, the application of the labor supply service recipient shall be submitted indicating information regarding the expected duration of employment of each invited foreigner at the relevant labor supply service recipient and place of work;
- when inviting the foreigner who wishes to receive the EU Blue Card and the professional qualification is proved by previous work experience instead of a diploma, a document shall be submitted certifying the previous employment of the foreigner issued by a foreign tax administration or social insurance institution;
- the State fee shall be paid;
If the foreigner is planned to be employed by several merchants or in several positions or professions by one merchant, a decision regarding the granting of employment rights is necessary for each type of work, unless: the employment is related to the performance of commercial activities; the foreigner is employed by one employer in a specialty (profession) other than the one for the performance of which he/she has been granted the right to employment for up to two months during a calendar year, and such employment is related to the replacement of an absent employee.
The foreigner is allowed to be employed only in the specialty (profession) in which the right to employment has been granted. If the employer or specialty (profession) changes, the foreigner is obliged to acquire new rights to employment in accordance with these Regulations, except for the abovementioned cases. If the foreigner's residence permit contains the entry "Commercial activity", he/she must acquire new rights to employment only if the intended employment is not related to the performance of commercial activities. If other conditions that have been the basis for granting the right to employment change (for example, change of working hours, place of work, amount of remuneration), the employer shall inform the Board within three working days from the moment of the change of conditions.
If, within the term specified in the residence permit, the profession or position of the employed foreigner changes without a change of employer, for the occupation of which it is necessary to apply for a vacancy at the State Employment Agency, the employer shall issue a new invitation to the foreigner. If the foreigner is employed by several employers, the invitation shall be issued by each employer, unless several employers employ the member of the board or council, procurator, administrator, liquidator registered in the Commercial Register or the member of the partnership who has the right to represent the partnership or the person authorized to represent the merchant (foreign merchant) in activities related to the branch .
Several members of the same family may be included in one invitation request if they have a common purpose of residence in the Republic of Latvia.