A long stay visa may be requested for a period of one year by third-country nationals who are employed by an employer established in a Member State of the Organization for Economic Co-operation and Development or are self-employed persons established in one of these countries and who may perform their duties remotely while staying in the Republic of Latvia.
Documents necessary for requesting a visa:
- Valid travel document (a copy of the passport must be submitted to the Office by post);
- Completed and signed visa questionnaire (complete e-questionnaire);
- Photo (not older than 6 months);
- A copy of the document certifying that the foreigner has a health insurance policy (valid in the Republic of Latvia and in the Schengen Member States, the minimum insurance liability limit specified in the policy may not be less than EUR 42 600 during the insurance period);
- Documents certifying the intended place of residence in Latvia;
- If the foreigner is an employee: Document certifying the current employment of the foreigner issued by the tax administration or social insurance institution of a Member State of the Organization for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD) and a statement from an employer registered in that country regarding the prior employment of the foreigner with that employer for at least six months, information regarding the amount of the salary (not less than the average monthly gross salary of the employees) in the previous year, applying a coefficient of 2,5 (according to the latest published information of the Central Statistical Bureau – EUR 3192.50) and the fact that the foreigner may carry out his or her work duties remotely if the foreigner wishes to receive a long-term visa for remote work.
- If the foreigner is a self-employed person: Document issued by the tax administration of the Member State of the Organization for Economic Co-operation and Development certifying the income generated in the last six months from the activity of the self-employed person not less than the average monthly gross salary of employees in the previous year, applying a coefficient of 2,5 (according to the latest publication of the Central Statistical Bureau, EUR 3192.50).
- Document certifying payment of the State fee.
Recipients of the remote work visa do not have the right to employment in the Republic of Latvia !