The documents to be submitted if you wish to obtain a residence permit in the Republic of Latvia as a person who is legally employed in another Member State of the European Union, the European Economic Area or Swiss Confederation and your employer has designated you to work as a service provider in the Republic of Latvia:
You shall present a valid travel document that is recognised in the Republic of Latvia and submit the following documents:
- a sample questionnaire for the application for the residence permit;
- a photograph;
- a document certifying the necessary subsistence (the required subsistence is 1143 euros per month. If family members come with you, the required subsistence is 500 euros per month for an adult and 150 euros per month for a minor.)
- a payment document that confirms payment of the state fee;
- the certificate of registration of the foreign employer;
- a letter by the foreign employer, which confirms that the foreigner has been sent for provision of services in the Republic of Latvi;
- a statement on punishability issued by a competent institution of the citizenship or the host country (for a foreigner more than 14 years old), if a foreigner has resided in that country longer than 12 months.
Prior to the submission of the document the person who invites you has to confirm the sponsorship at the office of Citizenship and Migration Affairs.
Should your spouse or your minor or dependent child enter with you, they shall additionally submit documents that confirm the kinship and a permit for residing in the Republic of Latvia granted by the parent who does not travel with the child, which is either notarised or signed by that parent before an official of the representation.