The documents to be submitted if you wish to obtain a residence permit in the Republic of Latvia as a scientist who has entered into a scientific cooperation agreement with a scientific institution that is listed in the register of scientific institutions:

You shall present a valid travel document admitted in the Republic of Latvia and submit the following documents:

  • a definite sample form for a residence permit request;
  • a photography;
  • a document certifying the necessary subsistence (the required subsistence is 500 euros per month. If family members come with you, the required subsistence is 500 euros per month for an adult and 150 euros per month for a minor.)
  • a document confirming the state duty payment;
  • a document confirming the fact of scientific cooperation and a labour agreement or its draft if the residence in the Republic of Latvia is connected with labour relations.

Before the submission of documents your inviter shall approve the call at the Office of Citizenship and Migration Affairs.


If you are accompanied by your minor child or a child under maintenance you shall submit all the above mentioned documents about him/her (except the marriage approving document), as well as the relationship confirming document and a permission of the other parent to reside in the Republic of Latvia notarially approved or signed in the presence of an officer of the administrative body or representation.