The documents to be submitted if you wish to obtain a residence permit in the Republic of Latvia as a person who has subordinate liabilities toward a credit institution of the Republic of Latvia in the amount of at least EUR 280 000 and the term of the transaction entered into with that credit institution is at least five years:
You shall submit the following documents:
- a full copy of a passport (foreigner certify the validity of the document by himself);
- a definite sample form for a residence permit request;
- a photography;
- a statement on punishability issued by a competent institution of the citizenship or the host country (for a foreigner more than 14 years old), if a foreigner has resided in that country longer than 12 month
- a document certifying the necessary subsistence (the required subsistence is 500 euros per month. If family members come with you, the required subsistence is 500 euros per month for an adult and 150 euros per month for a minor.)
- a document confirming the state duty payment;
- A document issued by the credit institution of the Republic of Latvia, which confirms that the foreigner has subordinate liabilities toward the credit institution of the Republic of Latvia at least in the amount indicated in Section 23 Paragraph One Clause 30 of the Immigration Law and the transaction term is at least five years. If the financial investment has been made in a foreign currency, the credit institution shall confirm that on the date of entering into the agreement the amount thereof was compliant with the amount indicated in Section 23 Paragraph One Clause 30 of the Immigration Law according to the foreign currency rate used for accounting on the date of entering into the agreement.
If you are accompanied by your minor child or a child under maintenance you shall submit all the above mentioned documents about him/her (except the marriage approving document), as well as the relationship confirming document and a permission of the other parent to reside in the Republic of Latvia notarially approved or signed in the presence of an officer of the administrative body or representation.
!!! Upon the receipt of the first temporary residence permit, the applicant must pay 25 000 euro into the state budget (the bank details are to be given in the decision on granting the temporary residence permit).