Latvijas Republikas Iekšlietu Ministrijas
Pilsonības un Migrācijas Lietu Pārvalde
homeHome YouTube sitemapSitemap Text version


Documents required for submission if you wish to obtain a residence permit in the Republic of Latvia due to studying in an accredited general education institution:

It is necessary to present travel documents valid in the Republic of Latvia and submit the following documents:

  • Standard application form to request a residence permit;
  • Photo;
  • A document confirming the necessary subsistence;
  • A document confirming payment of the state duty;
  • Confirmation of the education institution or a certificate on study with the specified period of study
  • A minor foreigner is required to present a notarial deed or a document signed in the presence of an Office or representative office official, indicating the person responsible for the minor during his/her stay in the Republic of Latvia.


Working hours

OCMA divisions

(except Riga Division 1)

Monday 09:00 - 18:00
Tuesday 08:30 - 16:00
Wednesday 08:30 - 16:00
Thursday 08:30 - 16:00
Friday 09:00 - 15:00

Contact us

Info phone
+371 67209400

M, T, W, Th  9:00 - 16:30
Friday 9:00 - 15:00
Conversations can be recorded!

All visits by appointment only. Apply for a visit

Visit us