OCMA Customer Service Standard
of the Office of Citizenship and Migration Affairs
of 12 December 2018
The Office of Citizenship and Migration Affairs (hereinafter - the OCMA) is the direct administration authority, being under the supervision of the Minister for the Interior. The OCMA provides state administration services (hereinafter - the service) in the field of migration and asylums, legal status of persons, registration of inhabitants, personal identification and travel documents.
- The purpose of the OCMA is to ensure provision of high-quality services, promote availability of services and satisfaction of the customers of the state administration (hereinafter - the customer) with the services provided by the OCMA.
- The OCMA constantly improves services quality, ensuring availability of services to customers and introducing new, modern services, in accordance with the priorities determined by the European Union and requirements in the areas of activity of the OCMA.
- OCMA Customer Service Standard (hereinafter - the Standard) provides information about the rights and possibilities of the customers to receive OCMA services. Civil servants and employees of the OCMA (hereinafter - the employees) service the customers in compliance with the requirements determined by regulatory enactments and this Standard.
Professionalism – Employees of the OCMA professionally perform their official duties, constantly improving customer servicing skills and improving knowledge on the issues of the field of activity of the OCMA.
Confidentiality – the OCMA complies with confidentiality, does not disclose and does not use in its interests and interests of other persons the information acquired when performing the official duties.
Availability – the OCMA creates territorial units, in compliance with the demand for the service, provides to the customers the possibility to chose the service requesting, receipt and communication channels, including by using modern technologies.
Lawfulness – when providing services to the customers, the OCMA complies with the requirements of regulatory enactments, informs the customer on the right to submit a complaint and ensures examination of complaints related to the provision of services and disputed decisions. In case of refusal of the service or negative decision, the employees of the OCMA substantiates the refusal on the basis of the requirements of regulatory enactments.
Respect towards the customer – employees of the OCMA provides high quality service to the customer, without permitting indifference and carelessness in relations with customers, are polite and correct towards any person, regardless of the gender, age, race, skin colour, language, religion, political or other opinion of customers, social origin, nationality, education, social and property status, type of employment of the customers and other circumstances, the OCMA simplifies and improves the procedure for receipt of services, providing the customers with the information about the service receipt possibilities by using modern technologies.
Duties of the employee of the OCMA during the customer service process
Employees of the OCMA have the following duties during the customer service process:
- To professionally perform his or her work duties, to comply with the requirements determined by regulatory enactments, be honest and fair, to comply with the ethical standards and rules of conduct, to be oriented towards cooperation with the customer and kindly and politely treat the customer;
- to apply similar attitude towards customers, regardless of gender, age, race, skin colour, language, religion, political and other opinion, social origin, nationality, education, social and property status, type of employment of the customer and other circumstances;
- to inform the customer on the structural unit of the OCMA or any other state or municipal authority, under the competence of which is provision of the relevant information or service, if the provision of the service is not under the competence of the OCMA or the relevant employee;
- in case of refusal to provide the service, to inform the customer on the reason of refusal and to substantiate it with the requirements of regulatory enactments. In the case of a decision not beneficial to the customer or erroneous behaviour of the employee of the OCMA, to inform the customer on the right to submit a complaint and procedure for submission of a complaint;
- to ensure confidentiality of the information provided by customers and personal data protection of customers;
- if necessary, to prepare a submission made by the customer verbally in writing in the presence of the customer and to issue a copy thereof to the customer;
- to provide the service without acceptance of any material gratitude (flowers, souvenirs and other type of items or services), informing the customer on the right to receive the service in accordance with the procedure determined by regulatory enactments;
- when adopting a decision, to comply with objectivity, to be based on facts and disassociate from personal interest and impact of third parties;
- in case if, when servicing the customer, the employee of the OCMA has made an error, to immediately inform a higher-level official, as well as in case of need to contact with the customer (if the phone number or electronic mail of the customer is known) and to perform activities in order to eliminate the possible negative consequences of the error made. Employees of the OCMA have an obligation to apologize to the customer for the error made;
- if the customer of the OCMA behaves aggressively, provocatively, offensively, provokes the conflict situation, treats the state power or state administration with scorn, or suspicions arise that the customer is under the influence of intoxicating substances, the employee of the OCM warns the customer on impermissible behaviour and may cease the contact with the customer, if necessary, by attracting the direct manager or police;
- during working hours to be recognizable by business casual clothing with a well-matched scarf in blue colour or a tie, provided by the OCMA, as well as the employee of the OCMA shall always have a badge attached to the work clothing in the visible place with name and surname on.
When replying to a phone call:
- To greet the customer, name the structural unit, his or her name and surname and provide the information the caller is interested in. When ending the conversation, to politely say good-buy;
- if the conversation with the customer is time consuming, to inform the customer on the necessary time period for preparation of the information, as well as to offer the customer to receive the requested information through one of the correspondence channels. If the customer agrees to receive the requested information through one of the correspondence channels, to establish the channel for receipt of information preferred and requested by the customer, contact information of the customer (postal address or electronic mail address) and to inform the customer on the time period for provision of information;
- if the customer uses rude and offensive notes during the phone call, asks the employee of the OCMA the questions, the nature of which is not clear, or the questions are not related to performance of OCMA functions, the employee may terminate the call, specifying the reason for termination of the call.
- When sending the information to the customer electronically, to great the addressee in the beginning of the letter, and to say goodbye at the end of the letter, specifying his or her name, surname, structural unit of the OCMA, office held and phone number;
- in case if an error is made, when providing the information and service electronically to the customer (by using electronic mail), to send the clarifying information to the electronic mail address of the customer and apologize without delay after establishment of the error.
Cooperation of the customers with the OCMA
Cooperation will be successful, if the customer:
- will appear at the territorial unit of the OCMA during the customer reception hours;
- will inform the territorial unit of the OCMA about the delay of the previously applied visit;
- will become acquainted with the information about the services of the OCMA, assess and select the type of requesting and receipt of the service the most convenient for him or her;
- will specify his or her contact phone or electronic mail address, in order in case of need the employee of the OCMA could contact the customer;
- will comply with the general decency and ethical norms at the places of customer service, will not disturb other customers and employees of the OCMA, will not make photographs and video recordings of employees, premises of the OCMA and other customers;
- will present a personal identity document, if it is necessary for receipt of the service;
- will participate in customer surveys and assess the quality of services provided by the OCMA;
- in cases, when the customer does not command Latvian, he or she will appear at the OCMA together with the person, who can help to contact and provide translation from the foreign language into Latvian;
- will treat with understanding the legal requirements of the employee of the OCMA, which will be explained by the employee of the OCMA to the customer in case of need.
Possibilities of receipt of public services of the OCMA
- The customer may request and receive the OCMA services and information about the services in presence at the territorial units of the OCMA, regardless of the address of the declared place of residence of the natural person or legal address of the company in Latvia, in the electronic environment on the portal www.latvija.lv and on the website of the OCMA www.pmlp.gov.lv , in the section "Services" or via mail (Čiekurkalna 1.līnija 1, k-3, Riga, LV-1026);
- the service may be requested by applying for a visit in advance, calling to the selected territorial unit of the OCMA;
- consultations on the electronic services of the OCMA may be received also at the State and municipal unified customer service centres;
- the customer may receive several services of the OCMA during one visit;
- the customer may pay for the OCMA service at the territorial unit of the OCMA by a payment card or via wire transfer;
- the OCMA provides information about the services and provisions for receipt thereof at the choice of the customer verbally or in writing (to the specified electronic mail address) in the official language. the OCMA provides consultations on the services via informative phone, in presence at the territorial units of the OCMA or on the electronic environment at the website www.pmlp.gov.lv;
- for customers with disabilities the information about the possibilities of receipt of the service at the territorial unit of the OCMA is available on the website of the OCMA www.pmlp.gov.lv in the section "Contacts" or calling to the particular territorial unit of the OCMA.
Customer services place of the OCMA and reception hours:
Services may be received in presence at the territorial units of the OCMA:
at the Riga 1st Division on working days from 8:00 to 20:00 o’clock.
at the Riga 2nd Division, Riga 3rd Division, Riga 4th Division, Aizkraukle Division, Aluksne Division, Bauska Division, Balvi Division, Cesis Division, Daugavpils Division, Dobele Division, Gulbene Division, Jelgava Division, Jekabpils Division, Jurmala Division, Kraslava Division, Kuldiga Division, Liepaja Division, Limbazi Division, Ludza Division, Madona Division, Ogre Division, Preili Division, Rezekne Division, Saldus Division, Talsi Division, Tukums Division, Valmiera Division, Valka Division and Ventspils Division on Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays from 9:00 to 16:30 o’clock, on Fridays from 9:00 to 16:00 o’clock.
at Jelgava Division Livani branch on Fridays from 9:00 to 16:00 o’clock.
at Valka Division Smiltene branch on Tuesdays from 9:00 to 15:00 o’clock;
at Riga 1st Division Sigulda branch on Wednesdays from 9:00 to 14:30 o’clock.
Information about the addresses of the customer reception places and other contact information is available on the OCMA website www.pmlp.gov.lv in the section "Contacts".
Information on the time of customer reception during pre-holidays is published on the website of the OCMA www.pmlp.gov.lv and at the customer service places.
The OCMA provides the communication with the customer:
Via phone - the customer may receive information by calling to the OCMA informative phone +371 67209400;
In presence - when the customer submits a submission at the territorial unit of the OCMA;
On the website of the OCMA www.pmlp.gov.lv when the customer asks the question in the section "Forum";
Via mail - address of the OCMA: Čiekurkalna 1.līnija 1 k-3, Riga, LV-1026;
Via e-mail - e-mail address of the OCMA: firstname.lastname@example.org;
Facebook - facebook.com/IeM.PMLP
Twitter – twitter.com/IeM_PMLP