A long-stay visa for one year can be requested by citizens of third countries who are employed by an employer registered in a member state of the Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development or are self-employed persons registered in one of these countries, and who can perform their duties remotely while staying in the Republic of Latvia.
Documents required for visa application:
- A valid travel document (when submitting documents to the Administration by mail, a copy of the passport must be submitted);
- Completed and signed visa form (fill out the e-form);
- Photograph (not older than 6 months);
- A copy of the document certifying that the foreigner has a health insurance policy (valid in the Republic of Latvia and Schengen member states, the minimum liability limit of the insurer specified in the policy must not be less than 42,600 euros during the insurance period);
- Documents confirming the expected place of residence in Latvia;
- If the foreigner is an employee: a document certifying the foreigner's current employment issued by the tax administration or social insurance institution of a member state of the Organization for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD) and a certificate from an employer registered in this country about the foreigner's previous employment with this employer for at least six months, information about work amount of payment (not less than the monthly average gross salary of the employees in the previous year, applying a factor of 2.5 (according to the latest information published by the Central Statistical Office – 3192.50 EUR)) and the fact that the foreigner can perform his work duties remotely, if the foreigner wants to receive long-term visa for remote work.
- If the foreigner is a self-employed person: a document issued by the tax administration of a member state of the Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development, which certifies the income obtained in the last six months from the activities of a self-employed person in the amount of not less than the average monthly gross wages of the employees in the previous year, applying a factor of 2.5 (in accordance with the Central the last published information of the statistical office - 3192.50 EUR).
- A document confirming the payment of the state fee.
It is important to note - remote work visa recipients do not have the right to employment in the Republic of Latvia!