Information for the citizens of the Russian Federation, who have been citizens of Latvia or non-citizens of Latvia before acquisition of citizenship of the RF and have received permanent residence permits in accordance with Section 24, Paragraph one, Clause 8 of the Immigration Law
On 1 September 2023 all permanent residence permits issued to the citizens of the Russian Federation in accordance with Section 24, Paragraph one, Clause 8 of the Immigration Law, will become void.
The person, who wishes to continue to stay in the Republic of Latvia, without losing the status of a habitual resident, shall receive a new permanent residence permit or a status of a habitual resident of the European Union by 1 September 2023.
In order to request a status of a habitual resident of the European Union, the application shall be submitted to the Office of Citizenship and Migration Affairs (by sending via regular mail or electronically, approving it with a safe electronic signature):
1) a submission in a free form;
2) a copy of the passport;
3) a document, confirming the passed examination of the State language (level A2, certificate issued starting as of 01.02.2001) or a document, confirming that the examination of the State language should not be passed;
(In accordance with Paragraph 7 of the Cabinet Regulation No. 157 “Regulation on the Scope of the Knowledge of State Language and Procedure for Examination of the Proficiency of the State Language”, adopted on 08.03.2022, the examination shall not be passed by a person:
- who has acquired the principal, secondary or higher education in the accredited programmes in Latvian (to be confirmed, for example, by a diploma, certificate, statement from the educational institution);
- who has acquired the accredited education programme for minorities and has passed the centralized examination in Latvian for Grade 9 or the centralized examination in Latvian for Grade 12, which is confirmed by a principal education or general secondary education certificate;
- who has successfully passed in the European school the examination of the Bachelor’s degree in Latvian, which is approved by the Ministry of Education and Science;
- who has functional limitations related to health status or diagnosis referred to in Annex 2 to the Cabinet Regulation No. 157 (a statement of the doctor - rehabilitator is required);
- who has not attained the age of 15 years;
- who has attained the age of 75 years)
4) a document confirming regular financial means in the amount of at least minimum monthly salary (EUR 620) during the recent 12 months or a certification on the fact that the pension has been granted in the Republic of Latvia.
Before submission of documents, a payment of the State fee shall be made:
For examination of the application within 90 day - 70 euro;
within 45 days - 140 euro;
within 10 working days - 210 euro;
Payment purpose: SF OCMA doc. CM 557 (12.09.2017) Name, surname
Beneficiary: The Treasury, registration No.90000050138
Beneficiary institution: the State Treasury, code TRELLV22
Account No.: LV37TREL1060140918500
Taking into account the fact that examination of each application may require a longer period of time, the Office of Citizenship and Migration Affairs asks to submit the applications in a timely manner !