ISSUANCE OF MULTIPLE-ENTRY VISAS
TO CERTAIN CATEGORIES OF PERSONS
Multiple-entry short term visas with the term of validity of up to five years shall be issued to the following categories of citizens:
- members of national and regional Governments and Parliaments, Constitutional Courts and Supreme Courts, if they are not exempted from the visa requirement, in the exercise of their duties, with a term of validity limited to their term of office if this is less than 5 years;
- spouses and children (including adopted), who are under the age of 21 or are dependant,visiting citizens of the Russian Federation legally residing in the territory of Latvia, with the term of validity limited to the duration of the validity of their authorisation for legal residence.
Multiple-entry visas with the term of validity of up to one year may be issued to the following categories of citizens, provided that during the previous year they have obtained at least one visa, have made use of it in accordance with the laws on entry and stay in the territory of the visited State and that there are reasons for requesting a multiple-entry visa:
- members of official delegations who, following an official invitation addressed to the Russian Federation, shall participate in meetings, consultations, negotiations or exchange programmes, as well as in events held in the territory of Latvia by intergovernmental organisations;
- business people and representatives of business organisations who regularly travel to Latvia;
- drivers conducting international cargo and passenger transportation services between the territories of the Russian Federation and the Member States in vehicles registered in a Member State or the Russian Federation;
- members of international train, refrigerator and locomotive crews travelling between the territories of the Member States and the Russian Federation;
- persons participating in scientific, cultural and artistic activities, including university and other exchange programmes, who regularly travel to Latvia;
- participants international sports events and persons accompanying them in a professional capacity;
- participants in official exchange programmes organised by twin cities.
!!! Multiple-entry visas with the term of validity of a minimum of 2 years and a maximum of 5 years may be issued to the above-mentioned categories of citizens, provided that during the previous two years they have made use of the one year multiple-entry visa (2 visas have been issued in the previous two years, each with the validity term of 1 year and no less) in accordance with the laws on entry and stay in the territory of the visited State and that the reasons for requesting a multiple-entry visa are still valid.
!!! The total period of stay in Latvia to the persons who have been issued multiple-entry visas shall not exceed 90 days per period of 180 days.