Latvijas Republikas Iekšlietu Ministrijas
Pilsonības un Migrācijas Lietu Pārvalde
Home YouTube Sitemap Graphic version


The documents to be submitted if you wish to obtain a residence permit in the Republic of Latvia as a person who is legally employed in another Member State of the European Union, the European Economic Area or Swiss Confederation and your employer has designated you to work as a service provider in the Republic of Latvia:

You shall present a valid travel document that is recognised in the Republic of Latvia and submit the following documents:

  • a payment document that confirms payment of the state fee;
  • the certificate of registration of the foreign employer;
  • a letter by the foreign employer, which confirms that the foreigner has been sent for provision of services in the Republic of Latvia.

Prior to the submission of the document the person who invites you has to confirm the sponsorship at the office of Citizenship and Migration Affairs.

Should your spouse or your minor or dependent child enter with you, they shall additionally submit documents that confirm the kinship and a permit for residing in the Republic of Latvia granted by the parent who does not travel with the child, which is either notarised or signed by that parent before an official of the representation.

Working hours

Contact us

Info phone
+371 67209400

M, T, W, Th  8:30 - 16:00
Friday 9:00 - 15:00
Conversations can be recorded!

All visits by appointment only. Apply for a visit

Visit us